Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
1 small package instant lemon pudding
1 jar Lemon curd (for filling)
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding and pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (2) circle cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 31 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
Place top cake layer on top of bottom layer (also raised side down so the top of the cake is also flat.)
When close to being ready to serve, make 5 minute frosting and frost.
5 Minute Frosting
Beat 2 egg whites until fluffy and form peaks.
Combine the following in a microwavable container and microwave for 5 minutes or until boiling.
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
Dash of Salt
Stir to make sure everything is thoroughly dissolved and then add hot syrup slowly to the egg whites and beat for 5 minutes. Add vanilla last. Frost immediately.
I would equate this to homemade marshmallow fluff. DELISH!