Sweet & Sour Chicken
Put the following in a freezer bag:
- 1 C Apple cider Vinegar
- 3/4- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp worshcheshire Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1- 1 1/2 C White Sugar
- 1/3 C corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Depending on how many mouths you need to feed, add chicken. I normally do around 3 breasts to feed my family of four and have 2 servings for leftovers.
- 1 can drained pineapple chunks
- 1-2 large Bell Peppers cut in large ~1" pieces
- 1 med- large Yellow onion cut in like pieces
Put in your crock on low for 4-6 hours (or in my case 'keep warm' for 10 hours). about 30 minutes before serving, add the bag of vegetables to the crockpot. Set your rice to steam.
* Taste your sauce to determine if the flavor is right for you. If it isn't thick enough: Add some more cornstarch. Not sweet enough: Add some powdered sugar (dissolves better at this stage).
I made this one last night, and this is how it turned out: