1. Pull all your ingredients out:
- 1 package lean ground turkey (thawed)
- 3 eggs
- Wheat Germ
- Ground Flaxseed
- Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Parsley Flakes
- Oregano Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
3. Put the ground turkey, the three eggs and give or take 1/3 c wheat germ & 1/4 c ground flaxseed in your mixing container. Season and 'knead' - When everything is mixed, if it needs more 'binding' then add breadcrumbs. I probably ended up adding about 1/2 c breadcrumbs to make the consistensy I needed.
In a good size pot, put some marinara sauce and get it warming up.
Now, you are ready to make small meatballs *Remember you are working with poultry, so the smaller the better because you want to get these thoroughly cooked. I'd estimate I used about a tbsp of meat mixture per meatball.
4. Work quickly rolling balls and putting in a deep pan with a trace of olive oil over medium heat.
5. Let cook until slightly browned and then flip to another side to cook more.
6. When you have everything significantly browned, then toss the meatballs around to get a better shape
and brown overall.
7. Remove from the frying pan and submerge the meatballs in your marinara sauce. Let simmer in the sauce for a while.....
8. When you are ready to make your sandwiches, pull out your mozzarella cheese, parmesean cheese, Fresh Basil and Italian Seasoning (& Bread).
Assemble and ENJOY!