I apologize that this is the only picture I have!!
- 1 lb Spicy Italian Sausage (You can use a healthier version of turkey or chicken)
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes, chopped in 1"ish cubes (I use my chopper)
- 1 large onion, chopped (again with the chopper)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tsp.
- 2 cups kale, savoy or swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 16 oz chicken stock
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- With kitchen shears, cut uncooked sausage into small pieces.
- Brown sausage in your soup pot.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
- Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add Bacon.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat.
- Add kale and milk
- Heat through and serve.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
....................... June 2, 2013...........................
- 7 cups water and about 1/3 cup chicken better than boullion in the crock.
- Turn on low.
- Brown a chub of turkey breakfast sausage and throw in.
- Same pan ... With scissors, Cut up 1 lb bacon and crisp. Add 1 large onion to bacon and cook until translucent. Do not drain. Put bacon and onion in crock. With leftover grease in pan, brown 5 medium chopped potatoes then put in crock.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp ground pepper.
- Crock low for 4 hours or so.
- Add 2 bunches of deveined chopped chard to the pot.
- When almost ready to serve, add about 1-2 cups half n half.
I think it turned out better the second time :)