Monday, January 28, 2013

Lowfat Blueberry Yogurt Oatmeal Struesel Muffins



Blueberry muffins sounded good this weekend. For whatever reason, I was too lazy to look up and follow a recipe and I had vanilla yogurt to use up so.... I made it up as I went.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups and spray 1 mini loaf pan.

In a small bowl, combine & set aside:
1 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp soft butter or margarine
2/3 cup brown sugar

In the mixer, combine:
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup yogurt (I used vanilla)
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Then add:
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal

Fold in:
2 cups frozen blueberries

Using a large scooper, fill the muffin cups with one scoop.

Using a small scooper, top with crumble.


Bake the muffins on the bottom rack for 23 minutes.

The Mini loaf needs 30-35 minutes.


This recipe makes 24 muffins plus 1 mini loaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment