Monday, January 14, 2013

Banana Split Leaning Tower of Pisa Cake

One of my besties came over on Saturday for her birthday dinner.  I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she said Strawberry with Cream Cheese Frosting.  I told her I would run with it. 
I originally planned on just a simple strawberry boxed caked mix with strawberry ice cream topping in the middle layer with 5 Minute Frosting. Well, in my life, thats too simple.  I started thinking about what other flavors go good with Strawberry.  I went through my pantry and pulled everything sweet and fun.  I must go overboard.  And *poof* I did.





<- My blueprint :)



















This is all the stuff I pulled out of the pantry:








I made the Strawberry 'pound' cake:

1 pkg Supreme Strawberry Cake
1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant french vanilla pudding
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil






      1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (2) circle cake pans.


      1. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
      2. Bake at 350°F for 31 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
      I made the Devils Food 'pound' cake:


      1 pkg Chocolate Cake Mix
      1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant chocolate pudding
      4 large eggs
      1 cup water
      1/3 cup vegetable oil
        Follow Steps 1-3 as above.







        I let the 'layers' cool over night.

        Using a very long bread knife, I trimmed the tops of the layers so they were flat. I left the top layer as is since I was going to be frosting it anyways.










        Assemble time!

        Layer #1: Chocolate Cake + Strawberry Ice Cream topping.
        Layer #2: Strawberry Cake + Crushed Pineapple + Toasted Coconut
        Layer #3: Chocolate Cake + Banana Cream Pudding & Sliced Bananas
        Layer #4: Strawberry Cake.


        Frost with 5 Minute Frosting
        Sprinkle nonperils on top and don't forget the cherries!
        I trimmed the bottom of the cake with more sliced bananas.




        Re-Dic-U- Lous.

        I have even impressed myself...... This not only was a huge hit, it tasted really good too! 
        Just like a BANANA SPLIT!

        No comments:

        Post a Comment