Friday, January 25, 2013

Freezer Burritos

In an effort to simplify life, I have been pre-making as many things as possible and freezing them.
A while ago, I made Salsa Chicken and froze the leftovers.  Last week I made homemade refried beans.
I really like to make things something new instead of having to eat the leftovers 'as is.' 

For these freezer burritos, I thawed the leftover salsa chicken and pulled out flour tortillas and shredded cheese. *For manageability, I microwaved the tortillas 2 at a time for 30 seconds.

Using my large scoop (I use this thing a lot!) I scooped beans and the salsa chicken along with a handfull of cheese into the tortilla and wrapped it up.  Then I put them in my panini press to seal them.

After letting them cool completely, I individually wrapped the burritos in saran wrap and put them all in  gallon sized ziploc bags. 


Grab and go meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment