Monday, January 21, 2013

Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Casserole (Freezer Meal)

Make sure to make two batches... maybe 4!



Crockpot some chicken -you'll need 3 large breasts for (2) of this recipe.  I put an obscene amount of chopped garlic in with my frozen chicken when I'm crocking it for freezer meal portioning.



Steam Rice/Quinoa together in a Rice cooker.  Today, I didn't even measure- I just used everything I had!   About 1/2 C Jasmine Rice, 1 C Brown Rice and 1 C Quinoa.

*Tip- Brown rice & Quinoa have longer cooking times and need more water than white or Jasmine rice.  When I make Jasmine rice, I put my rice in the cooker and then put enough water over it so that there is 1 'knuckle' of space between the top of the water and the top of the rice.  For this mixture, I made sure there was about 1 1/2 knuckles :)

In a large bowl, mix the following:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of broccoli soup
3 shredded chicken breasts
1- 1 1/2 lbs of frozen broccoli pieces
2 large handfuls of cheese (your preference)
The cooked Quinoa (~ 6 Cups)






Separate into 2 freezer bags and date/label with instructions:
"Bake in a casserole dish @ 350 for 30-40 mins"


I suggest taking this out of the freezer and let thaw completely before baking. 

Sprinkle with additional cheese after 30 mins of cooking.  Pull out of the oven as soon as the additional cheese is melted (not browned).  Salt & Pepper to taste.

This recipe was adapted from www.moneysavingmom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment