Red Hots Popcorn
5-7 cups Popped Popcorn
1/2 cup Red Hots
1/4 cup water
- Put popcorn in a plastic bowl and set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchament paper.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt red hots with water <- Be Patient!
- Bring your melted candies mixture to a simmer for at least a minute.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the popcorn stirring continuously and carefully. It helps to have a baking buddy to stir while you pour.
- Pour the popcorn onto the cookie sheets into as close to a single layer as possible. I was triple batching it and got a little over zealous with my layers.
I actually added peanuts and candied almonds to this batch. If you want to add nuts, put them in the bowl with the popcorn before pouring the melted candy on it.
*Note- Red hots can be very pricey! I found a large bag in the candy aisle (at Christmas time) but you can also get them in the bulk section at Winco for less than $2/lb. I actually was able to find a whole cart of them on Clearance yesterday- $1.50 per bag- Each bag = 3 batches of this popcorn!