Friday, January 25, 2013

Garfield Muffins

When I was in Elementary school, hot lunches had these things called Garfield Bars in them.  I almost never had hot lunch, but for whatever reason, people always put their Garfield Bars on the sharing table.  I LOVED those things.  I have been thinking about them for years and I think I have *finally* recreated them!!!

You will need:

3 1/3 C flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/3 C sugar (I used bakers)
1 1/3 C brown sugar

1 C oil (or 1/2 C + 1/2 C applesauce)
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups raisins

Combine the dry ingredients and then add the wet, (fold in raisins last)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups.

Using a large scoop, put a heaping amount of the batter in each cup.

Bake for 17-19 minutes.  Test with toothpick to come out clean.


I only made 1/2 a recipe, but I assure you, you'll need more than 12 muffins. As of this morning, there are 2 left.

Since I only made 1/2 a recipe, I had about half a can of pumpkin left. Click here to see what I did with the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment