Monday, February 11, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

This is the first time I have ever made my Stuffed Peppers in my crockpot.  I have always used rice in the filling but decided I would try out couscous instead. The result was fabulous!

You'll need:
5 Peppers (your choice of color) (150)
1 can or jar of spaghetti sauce (180)
1 can of diced tomatoes (120)
3/4 c corn (120)
1/2 c water
1 cup dry couscous (650)
About 1 c shredded cheddar (240)

Optional: 1 cup precooked taco meat (I used ground turkey-250).  You can't tell the meat is in there, so if you omit it, add taco seasoning into the mixture before stuffing the peppers.

Put 3/4 of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the crockpot.

Cut 5 peppers horizontally about 3/4 to the top and clean out the bottoms. Place peppers on top of spaghetti sauce.

In a bowl, mix diced tomatoes, the remaining spaghetti sauce, corn, uncooked couscous, precooked taco meat, 1/2 c water.

Split mix amongst peppers in crock. Top with  cheese.

Cook on keep warm for 5-6 hours.


Serving Size: 1/2 Pepper
Makes: 10 Servings
Calories per serving: 171


No comments:

Post a Comment