Monday, February 25, 2013

Sesame Ginger Salmon



I *really* miss having fresh fish in my freezer at all times.  There were perks to living in Alaska... fish was one of them!!!  Now that that isn't the case, I can either beg for it or buy it at the store! 

I had recently saw a segment on Dr. Oz about fish at the grocery store.  It was talking about farm vs wild fish as well as certain distributors of seafood substituting cheaper fish for others and calling it the more expensive. This kinda freaked me out.  When I went to Fred Meyer to get some Salmon, I asked the fish guy if either of the salmon displayed had added coloring.  He showed me that the one in front (pre-cut fillet portions) did, but the whole fillets did not.  I asked for a chunk of the whole fillet.

And this is what I did with it:

First, I let the fish thaw for about 30 mins.

Then, I sprinkled ground ginger on the meat and rubbed it in.

Then I put about 1/2 cup brown sugar on it and tried to rub that in as well.






Next, I put it and 1 cup soy sauce in a Ziploc bag and let marinate for about an hour.











I put the fillet (and all the liquid) in a small casserole dish lined with tinfoil.  I sprinkled more ginger and some pepper over the top and covered the top with more foil.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

When done, sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment