Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pasta Fazul



I seriously felt like the Rat in Ratatouille as I was making this.  There is just something about using fresh herbs in Italian food that makes it so amazing..... This dish is commonly known as Pasta e Fagoli. Something about the word Fazul makes me smile.  I can hear my daddy saying it. So I went with Pasta Fazul.....

I gathered a 'base' of what I thought would/should go in the Fazul:

1 tsp Minced Garlic
2 Italian Sausages - Next time, I'll use more.
1 box smallish Pasta
1 can diced tomatoes (I added a second one)
2 Cans Tomato Sauce (I added a third)
4 cubes Chicken Bouillon
5 cups water
1 Bay Leaf
Fresh Italian Parsley
Fresh Basil
Fresh Oregano
Fresh Rosemary
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Kidney Beans

First, I cut up the sausage with kitchen shears, added garlic and browned on the bottom of my soup pot.

Next, I added the bouillon and water and brought to a simmer.

In went all the herbs........

Add tomatoes, sauce, pasta and drained cans of beans.

Let simmer until the pasta is done.



This is a 'stew' like consistency.  If you want it soupier, add more chicken broth or tomato sauce.


Garnish with Parmesan Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment