Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2/23 Bountiful Basket Ideas



Oh my.... our Bountiful Basket this week was..... uh... BOUNTIFUL!

I actually prefer to get something a little odd in my BB so I can move around my culinary comfort zone.  I have to say nothing super strange in the basket this week.... for me, anyway.  I can't wait to get a Buddha Hand!!!

This week we got:

1 bag +15 Petite Potatoes
2 Japanese Eggplant
2 Large Leeks
1 Head of Red Leaf Lettuce
1 Bunch Broccoli (I volunteered, so I got an extra)
11 Multi-Colored Carrots
1 Pineapple
9 Bananas
2 Grapefruit
7 Gala Apples
6 Naval Oranges


My Plans:

Eggplant Parmigiana Sandwiches
Potato Leek Soup
Grilled Pineapple
Chicken & Dumplings (Carrots)
Carrot Cake Granola Bars
Broccoli Salad
Buffalo Chicken Wraps (Lettuce)


As usual, we will consume the fruit (besides the Pineapple) as snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment