Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chicken Vegetable Curry

Another perfect dish for me & my family.

I felt like Jack Sprats wife last night as my husband handed his plate to me and said: "I don't like the vegetables in my Curry."  I was expecting this- Half the reason I hadn't made myself a plate yet.

So the picture above is of my food (why you can't see any chicken).

And- I'm admitting this before I get called out on it....

There's a JAR of curry in this recipe.

If you want to make curry from scratch, its no more difficult than taking a can of coconut milk and adding curry paste to it.  I suggest lemongrass and thai basil in addition to the base.

Again... not what this was today though, but simple and really tasty.

For this recipe I used about 1.5 lbs Bone/Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into strips with kitchen shears.

My vegetables were a fresh 'stirfry' mix plus I added the remaining bell peppers from Sundays dinner.

And of course the dreaded curry sauce (in a jar).  I got it at Costco.


Wok the chicken with a bit of oil until cooked thoroughly.

Add about 1/4 c water and all the vegetables.  I covered everything with the biggest lid I could find so that the veggies would steam for just a minute.  Then, I added the curry and mixed together to get completely heated.  Serve over rice or noodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment