Friday, July 12, 2013

Steak Fajita Quesadillas



I don't know what it is, but I can't just make something what it's supposed to be. Tonight's dinner for example.... I had purchased some Carne Asada from the meat counter and thought... "I'll make Fajitas!" Result: Fajita Quesadillas. With the leftovers, I made Fajita Burritos. Why can't I just make Fajitas?! I dunno. It's a sickness. Anyway, so.....we were making Fajita Quesadillas.....

You'll need:
2 LARGE onions sliced thinly
1 ea red, green, & yellow bell peppers
Olive Oil to sautee the veggies
2 lbs Carne Asada 1 bottle fajita marinade
Tortillas
~4 cups shredded cheddar jack blend
2-3 Avocados (for simple quac)
Sour cream for garnish

 In the AM- put the meat and marinade in a Ziploc bag in the fridge.
 Mix the avocados with salt, pepper, & paprika. Set aside.

Slice up all the veggies (keep the peppers & onions separate)

Saute onions in olive oil until mostly translucent.

Remove from pan & set aside.

Saute ALL peppers in same pan- you may need to add more oil.

Remove from pan & set aside.


Put meat (with marinade) in pan and turn heat on LOW & let cook till just about done.

Discard about 3/4 of the marinade.

Put meat in a bowl and chop/cut up. I used kitchen shears to get the meat in nice smaller chunks.

Put meat & veggies all back in pan on low heat and mix all together.

On a griddle or panini press, place a folded tortilla with cheese and the fajita filling then more cheese and fold in half.

Grill until cheese is melted and outside is browned.

Serve with Sour Cream & Guac.

No comments:

Post a Comment