Monday, July 15, 2013

EASY Beignets


When I was still living in Anchorage, My husband and I used to frequent this little restaurant called 'Little New Orleans'.  They had some AMAZING Cajun food and at the end of our meal we would always get these little doughnut thingies called Beignets. <-Definitely et Francais word. (That's my Frenglish for you).  I loved them and that is what this dessert reminds me of.  That and the dessert you get at *real* Mexican restaurants.  A cross between those two things and Naan, so really completely different.  But anyways.... 

***Note***This is how my mind works 99.4% of the time***

So.....After Church we were BBQ-ing with our friends.   Michelle and I were gathering food to prep dinner and I saw Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls in her freezer {Insert light bulb here} I asked her if we could use them cause I had an idea :D  My first thought was:  Rise, then roll out flat, season with garlic salt and grill (like Naan). Halfway into the process, we decided we needed sweets.

This is what happened:

Preheat the oven on the lowest setting possible. (Michelle's was 170)
Put frozen rolls on a cookie sheet and put in the oven to rise.

About 1/2 hour later, the rolls are defrosted and poofy. 

Pull out and one by one.............
Reset the temperature to 350 Degrees.







Lightly flour a surface.
Roll out flat.







Butter.








Cinnamon Sugar

Roll up or leave flat.






Bake for about 10 minutes (I actually have NO CLUE how long these cooked) We forgot to set a timer and just pulled them out when they were done.










Drizzle honey over all of them

Sprinkle Powdered Sugar on the top.








The rolled up ones were better (fluffier) than the flat ones.  I would like to do this with garlic butter and cheese rolled up and brushed with butter when pulled out.

Poor Mans Cheesy Garlic Naan.  <- I'll do this later this week with Spaghetti :)



No comments:

Post a Comment