Lets start off by talking about Freezer Cooking in general!
- Saves your perishables from going bad!
- Waste= flushing $$ down the toilet :(
- Meals from scratch mean knowing what you are eating!
- Whole meals prepared save the day when you have a *'Dinner Brain Fart'
- Have a friend that needs some help? Bring them a freezer meal!
- I don't have time to think about dinner when I get home at 6:45 PM.
- I don't like my kids (or husband for that matter) snacking while I am making dinner.
- Shopping is easier when you have a freezer meal plan, and so is putting the groceries away!
- Portion control is simple when you only have 1 gallon of room for the meal.
*Dinner Brain Fart- When you wander in and out of your pantry to freezer to fridge 20+ times and still have no idea what to make the starving people whining under your feet & in your face.
The first thing I did is scour my fridge & freezers for things I have forgotten about.
I found the following items:
1 Tray of Chicken Thighs -> Hawaiian Chicken
1 Chub of Breakfast Ground Turkey -> Sausage & White Bean Stew
2 Hot Pork Sausages -> Sausage & White Bean Stew
1 pound of Carne Asada -> Pot Roast Burgers
2 trays of Ground Turkey -> 4 Bags of Taco Meat
1 small baggie of Bacon Bits -> Sausage & White Bean Stew
Frozen Veggie Mix -> Beef Stew x2
Celery -> Sausage & White Bean Stew, Beef Stew x2
Onions -> Sausage & White Bean Stew, Beef Stew x2, Broccoli Beef
Broccoli -> Broccoli Beef
I rummaged through all my seasoning packets and retrieved:
Au Jus -> Pot Roast Burgers
Recipe Secrets Onion Dip Mix -> Pot Roast Burgers
Beef Stew Seasoning -> Beef Stew x2
Broccoli Beef Seasoning -> Broccoli Beef
Went to the store to get:
1 tray of Tri-Tip Beef -> Broccoli Beef, Beef Stew x2
1 tray of Drumsticks -> Chicken Drumsticks with Rub
Red Potatoes -> Beef Stew x2, Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
OK so NOW, I have a plan. I'm making:
Combine Beef, Seasoning Packet, 1 sliced Onion and Soy Sauce in Bag -> FREEZE
Crock on 'keep warm' until meat is still tender, but done. Steam Broccoli then toss into Beef and onions. Serve over Rice.
Chicken Drumsticks with Rub <- Just drumsticks rubbed with seasoning and put back in bag-> FREEZE. To Prepare: Thaw in fridge, then BBQ or Roast.
Sausage & White Bean Stew
Cook 1 chub of Turkey Breakfast Sausage & 2 (cut up) Hot Pork Sausage Links.
Let Meat Cool and throw the following into Freezer Bag:
Cooked Sausages (with juices)
1/2 cup Bacon Bits
1/2 Med Onion (diced)
2 Ears of Corn (cobbed)
1 Cup Celery (diced)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (with liquid)
2 Cans White Beans
1 tbsp Garlic
2 cubes Beef Bouillon
Salt & Pepper
Seal & FREEZE!
When ready to cook- Throw in Crockpot on 'Low' or 'Keep Warm' heat. for 4-5 hours.
We're having the Broccoli Beef tonight..... I'll update withe pictures and further instructions as we eat these!
What are some of your favorite 'Dump & Go' recipes that could be turned into easy freezer meals?