Friday, September 27, 2013

Up-Cycled Chicken Philly's



Night before last, I made (my favorite) Hawaiian Chicken in the Crockpot.  IT happened to be an abnormal sized amount of leftovers.  Now, not that I am not a fan of leftovers, but I really prefer to take leftovers and 'upcycle' them into a completely different meal.

I was really feeling like sauteed onions, peppers & mushrooms, so I *of course* thought- PHILLY!

Perfect.

Take 1 large onion and 2 Bell Peppers- Slice Thinly
Put a few TBSP of Olive Oil in a deep frying pan and saute.

Pull the leftover meat apart into large pieces.
Slice about 1 cup of mushrooms into large pieces.

Once the onion/pepper mixture is translucent, add the mushrooms and chicken.
Season with salt & pepper or whatever you'd like.

Top your bun with sliced cheese and 'toast' under the broiler to melt.

Add meat and veggie mixture and condiments of your choice.
- We put some mighty HOT horseradish on ours and it was super yummy!

I LOVE a good Philly Sandwich :)

No comments:

Post a Comment