Monday, October 29, 2012

5 Freezer Meals: Week of 10/29

This weekend I got a little too excited trying to use things up in my pantry and fridge and decided to make all my meals for the week ala freezer style.



Top Row (clockwise):
Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
Teriyaki Chicken
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stew


Get all your ingredients out!





Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes

  • Cut up about 1 1/2 lbs decent sized chunks of potatoes
  • About 2 lbs chicken thighs, breasts or tenders
In a freezer bag mix & shake 2 tbsp olive oil & the following seasonings to cover the chicken & potatoes:
  • 2 tsp Paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp Rosemary
  • 1 tsp minced Garlic
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 tsp Salt
FREEZE!

When ready to prepare, pull out of the freezer and roast in a preheated 425 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.....I'm going to put this in my pampered chef deep covered stone baker.  Here it is right out of the freezer and then after cooked.



Check consistently to see how the chicken is cooking/Stir ingredients around.  I actually cooked the potatoes in the microwave (in the baker) for an additional 5 minutes after I pulled the chicken out.

This turned out delicious and I WILL be making again.  I served with broccoli and garlic bread.



Teriyaki Chicken

Put the following in a freezer bag:
  • 1 C Soy Sauce
  • 1 Large Can Crushed Pineapple (with the juice)
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 1/3 C corn starch
  • Depending on how many mouths you need to feed, add chicken.  I normally do around 3 breasts to feed my family of four and have 2 servings for leftovers.
  • (I added some already made teriyaki sauce, cause I was trying to get rid of it)
FREEZE!

Put in your crock on low for 4-6 hours (or in my case 'keep warm' for 10 hours).  Steam rice and serve.

* If your sauce isn't thick enough, add some more cornstarch.


Sweet & Sour Chicken



This Recipe ONLY available in my E-Book!..... COMING SOON!


Beef Stroganoff


Put the following ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag:
  • 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 10-12 larger white or crimini mushrooms (sliced)
  • 1 large onion (diced on the large grate on the chopper:)
  • 1 lb roast (have the butcher block slice for fajitas)
FREEZE!

Remove from freezer and let thaw enough so you can remove easily from the bag.  Place in crockpot on low for 4-6 hours.  When the crocking is complete, boil 1 package of egg noodles.   



Last step..... add 1 cup sour cream or YoChee (more if you'd like). Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste. (I served with green beans.)



Makes about 6 servings.
*Note- To me, this was the perfect meal to make to feed my family and myself!  It was easy for me to pick out the meat and just as satisfying as if it was still there.  Crocking the raw meat with the cream of mushroom soup made the most amazing gravy :)



Beef Stew




In a gallon sized freezer bag, put the following:
  • 2 Cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
  • 1 can sweet peas (drained)
  • 7 medium potatoes chopped (about 1 " cubes- use large grate on chopper)
  • 5 large carrots chopped (use large grate on chopper)
  • 1 large yellow onion chopped (use large grate on chopper)
  • 1 beef stew seasoning kit
  • 1 recipe favorites onion seasoning envelope
  • 1-2 lbs cubed beef (I get a roast sliced for fajitas, then use kitchen scissors to cut smaller)
FREEZE!

When ready to Crock, put everything in the crockpot and just barely cover with water.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

If it is too thin for your liking, mix 1/2 cup cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water, mix thoroughly and then mix into the stew.


Season with salt & pepper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment