I suggest making both versions at the same time
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Slice, core and rinse around 2 lbs fresh jalapenos
- Arrange flat on a foil lined pan.
- Using either yochee or single serve cream cheese (for easy-factor), squeeze cream cheese into each jalapeno pod nearly filling completely.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the jalapenos look like they are beginning to wilt.
- Pull out of oven and sprinkle shredded monteray jack over the cream cheese.
- Generously COVER the jalapenos with panko crumbs and set your broiler on low.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes watching carefully and pull from oven when panko is browned.
Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon in a Crescent Roll
You will need:
- 4 cans 'jumbo' crescent rolls (cut in half, 64 pieces total)
- 2 packages of Bacon (cut up in strips and cooked until crispy, then drained)
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese (or 2 cups yochee)
- Around 1 pound seeded and cored fresh jalapenos, diced (use your chopper)
Mix the cooked bacon crumbles, cream cheese and diced jalapenos in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Now, cut all your crescent triangles in half with a pizza cutter:
See how I have already foil lined pans ready to go? .... Do that :)
Using a small scoop (this is a 'small' pampered chef one), scoop the mixture and put on a crescent wedge.
Now, fold the corners up to seal the crescent completely around the filling.
Follow cooking directions on the crescent package (I think it was 375 degrees for 16 mins). I did have to keep them in the oven a bit longer to get the tops golden brown.
I set out Chipolte sauce, Dijon Mustard and Ranch to dip in <- All three equally enjoyed :)
With only 10 people at my house, these were demolished in less than 15 minutes. Score!