Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Somethin Outta Nothin Pasta

Since I've been 'leaning vegan' it's been rather difficult to make a meal to please the family AND feed myself.  A couple weeks ago, I came home from work and wanted to make something quick but didn't have anything prepared.  I pulled a couple things out and went to work:



Boil your pasta and drain.
Cut your tomatoes in halves.
Chop up your artichokes hearts (don't worry about draining).
If you have frozen spinach (like I did), microwave.

In a fairly large pan (or wok),  put a couple tablespoons of olive oil  and quickly heat about 1-2 tbsp of minced garlic (DON'T BURN).  Add your pasta to the pan a bit more olive oil and toss well.  Add the spinach, artichokes and tomatoes.  Toss again and throw all into a serving bowl hot.  Garish with parmesan cheese.

I think this took 10 minutes to make, fed 4 and had leftovers for 2 :) Worked for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment