Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

I've seriously lost my mind.... I want pumpkin everything.  I decided that over the next several weeks I am going to make pumpkin scones, muffins, bread, snicker doodles, ice cream, cheesecake, danishes, chocolate chip cookies, pull apart bread, homemade puree, frappes.... oh just about anything I can throw pumpkin in....

On Sunday mornings we ALWAYS have real breakfast.  I wanted to surprise the family with something super tasty and pumpkin pancakes were the winner!

This is easy, and from scratch!

You'll need:
3 Eggs
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Applesauce
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
(Mix until it starts to get foamy)

Add:
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cloves
1 1/2 C pumpkin
1 Cup Milk of your choice
2 Cups Flour of your choice
4 tsp Baking Powder

Grease your griddle with cooking spray.
Preheat at a med to low flame.






Using about 1/4 Cup of batter for each pancake, spread thinly on griddle.  These are POOFY and thick, so you want to cook a bit lower and slower to get cooked all the way through.


Flip to other side when you can see the edges are getting dried out.


Serve with butter and syrup or nothing at all.

These are so awesome, I actually gave up my Bacon so I could justify seconds of the pancakes.

DELISH!


P.S.  If there are ANY leftovers.... Freeze them!







Round #TWO:
I got overambitious and this is how many pancakes I got to freeze for later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment