Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Crockpot/ Freezer Meal -Sticky Asian PPP (Pineapple Pomegranate Pork)

A few weeks ago, I purchased a 'case' of pomegranates from Bountiful Baskets.  It seemed like a great idea at the time to get 24 pounds of them for $20.50.... however.... now I have a drawer full of pomegranates!


I decided that a sweet and sticky Asian style crocked meat dish would be totally enhanced by pomegranates, so I threw this together last night:

When I was putting it in the Crock this morning, I received a raised eyebrow comment:  "Did you just make that up just now or something?" -My hubs
"Why, YES.  Yes I did." -Me


In a bag (If you are freezer cooking)
or....In a container (if prepping)
or....Straight up IN the Crock.....

1 Pork loin
1/2 Can (drained) Crushed Pineapple
1 Can (drained) Mandarin Oranges
Arils from 2 Med Pomegranates
3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/3-1/2 Cup Honey

Crock on 'Keep Warm' all day- Check temperature of Pork before serving.

Add Cornstarch to thicken sauce if you'd like.

Serve over Sticky Rice.

I'm expecting a tangy version of a Teriyaki taste.....
We shall see if it's Poison or Perfection....... soon.






I got home to this:






I removed a lot of the liquid, added more honey, then shredded.

I was very concerned this was going to be ridiculously sweet, however it turned out incredibly balanced!

I'm very pleased with my concoction and will definitely make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment