Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkin Gnocci

OK.  I get it.... My pumpkin fetish is in FULL TILT!

I've been wanting to make Homemade Gnocchi for quite some time....... (Call me Italian) and I'm also on a mission to make/use pumpkin as much as possible right now!  See yesterday's post here.  So... I googled the basic idea of making Gnocchi and developed this recipe for a quick and easy treat!

First, you need about 1.5 Cups of Pumpkin (Perfect... the other half of the can that I used to make pancakes).

Put that in a mixer with 1 egg yolk and 1/4 tsp of salt.

Mix well, then add between 2.5- 4 cups of flour and let knead (with a dough hook) until the consistency is not sticky as all get out!
* My dough was WAY sticky so I actually had to knead about 1 1/2 cups MORE flour into it (So a total of about 4 cups).

Totally annoying.

I don't suggest doing this.
Next take your dough ball and cut into 4-6 equal portions.
One portion at a time, roll into a rope.

Sprinkle top of rope with flour and then cut in 1" x 1/2" pieces.
Using a fork, and 'pinching' the sides of the pieces- so you don't smash them, press the fork down on the top to create crevasses.

Boil the Gnocchi for 2-3 minutes or until they float.

Drain on paper towels.

Pan-fry boiled Gnocchi on med high heat in butter, crushed garlic & sage.

Top with Parmesan Cheese.

I will probably try this with zucchini soon too!!!




Maybe a cinnamon sugar pumpkin Gnocchi would be good!  Or..... I bet I could create a 'pumpkin' crust for pumpkin pie easily.... oh dear...... NOW my hamster wheel is spinning!  Stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment