Friday, October 4, 2013

Freezer Meal: Twice Baked Potatoes


Twice Baked Potatoes are one of those things that always sounds like a great idea, yet I NEVER have the time to actually make them!  We went to Costco last weekend and since I've been really into having Baked Potatoes with or for dinner, I decided to grab the gigantic bag.  Well..... I don't know if it's just me, or what the deal is, but I can NOT seem to 'keep' potatoes!  I'll go to make them and there are eyes everywhere! Ack...

I was determined to not allow these 50 pounds of taters to go bad.  I washed, speared and wrapped in foil about 20 of them.  Baked at 400 degrees for about 1.5 hours (Yes, they were that big).  Ate a few with dinner that evening and then let the remaining cool off completely.

Next day:
Unwrap all your already baked potatoes.
(Longways) Slice the top off each & discard top.



Carefully remove most of the innards from each potato with a fork- place into mixer.

Next, using a spoon, remove remaining potato 'meat' and discard.

Add to potatoes in mixer:
Precooked Bacon
Sour Cream
Ranch Dressing
Horseradish
Cottage Cheese
Cheddar Cheese (lots)
Green Onions or Chives
Crushed Garlic or Garlic Powder
Milk to help mix
Salt & Pepper


Using Spatula or whatever you feel comfortable with, fill/stuff each shell with the mixture.
Top with more Cheese.

Wrap individually with saran wrap and place in freezer bags.

Write on bags:
"Twice Baked Potatoes"
350 degrees for 30-45 mins


Freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment