Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BBQ Chicken Mini Pizzas



When I start feeling 'blah' with food (which if you couldn't tell- I have been lately, because my dinners are....well, blah)  I have to make something into a different form than it originally was or intended to be. 

I placed 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot this morning (with about 1/2 c BBQ sauce) and when I got home, I went... "Well, what now?!"


I had some Sourdough bread that needed to go, so instead of a traditional 'BBQ Chicken Sandwich' I decided I would make some little pizzas.

Ingredients:

3 Chicken Breasts (Crocked with 1/2 C BBQ Sauce)
Sourdough Round Bread
BBQ Sauce of your choice (whole bottle)
Mixed Cheese Blend
1 large Tomato
About 1/4 c Diced Red Onion
2 Fresh Jalapenos (deseeded & diced)

Assemble the pizzas how you would like.  I put more BBQ sauce in with my chicken and shredded it up before putting it on the pizzas.


Preheat the oven to 375° 
Place your pieces of bread on a stone.
Spread some BBQ sauce on each piece of the bread.
Then some cheese, chicken, tomato, onion, jalapeno & top with more cheese.

Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until the cheese is nice and melty and the bread is a bit crispy.

These turned out delicious!!! (If you are vegetarian- just omit the chicken.  you'll never know the difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment