Monday, November 19, 2012

Blackberry Cream French Toast Casserole

I got a new Crockpot (I know, YAY!)

I was on a roll using it, then washing and doing something else so after I made Gumbo the other night, I washed it and made this dashing beauty!


You will need:

  • 1 loaf bread of your choice (cubed)- If it's slightly stale, thats better
  • 12 Eggs
  • 1 C Milk of your choice (I used non dairy- less likely to have a curdling situation in the crock)
  • Yochee (About 1 - 1 1/2 Cups)
  • 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 pints berries of your choice
  1. Cube the bread and put in the crock (lined if you can)
  2. In a container mix the yochee, cinnamon and brown sugar well
  3. In another container, put the eggs, vanilla and milk
  4. Coat the bread with the egg mixture until the bread is evenly soaked (remove 1/2 the bread for now)
  5. Take your yochee mix and spread evenly over the bottom layer of bread
  6. Top with your berries
  7. Cover with the remaining bread
  8. Maple syrup & powdered sugar (for garnish)

Crock on 'Keep Warm' for around 6 hours. Mine went for 8 and was a little dark on the edges.
At least 8 servings!  I froze the leftovers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment