Monday, June 10, 2013

Basil Lime Chicken




I saw this idea blogged somewhere off my 'foodie' group on Facebook.  I checked it out and it looked delicious yet when I was ready to make it, I didn't have the recipe captured so I had to go from memory :(

So in essence, I found this recipe elsewhere, but I have no idea if I remembered all the ingredients or added any of my own so....

Nonetheless, this was THE BOMB!

*Note: When Marinating Meat, I personally feel like the smaller the pieces are, the better it is marinated.  Same goes for when seasoning large pieces of meat, I always 'stab' in several places and put whole garlic cloves inside.

So....
Place amount of chicken tenders (see above note) you want to make in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.



Make your Marinade & Sauce at same time (Mostly the same ingredients)

In larger Pyrex (Marinade)
1/3 C Olive Oil
Zest & Juice from 1 Lime
about 3 tbsp more Lime Juice
3 Green Onions Chopped
2 tsp minced Garlic
3 tbsp Worscheshire
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning





For the Sauce (In Tupperware):

2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Basil
Zest & Juice of 1 lime
(Place all lime rinds in the marinade bowl)
3 green onions, finely sliced
1 tsp minced garlic

This will go over the chicken after it is cooked.

Cook on the BBQ and  then toss in sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment