Monday, March 28, 2011

Homemade Healthy Scalp shampoo

Homemade Healthy Scalp (Herbal Hair Growth) Shampoo



I haven't used this yet, but Scott is all over it!!!  It's not very cost effective, but if you don't like the idea of putting chemicals of all sorts on your body, then give it a try!  If you grow the herbs in your garden, then it actually would be quite cost effective.   I got this recipe from http://www.recipe4living.com/ and there are TONS of other cool things on there!


Ingredients

  • 2 C. distilled water
  • 1 C. fresh spearmint
  • 1 C. fresh rosemary
  • 1 C. all-natural, gentle baby shampoo


Directions



Boil the water with the fresh herbs for about ten minutes, in a glass saucepan (I don't have one, so I made do). Or, you can put in a microwave-safe glass or plastic bowl and heat in the microwave until boiling; allow to boil for about ten minutes. Then, remove the pot from the stove or bowl from the microwave and cover with a lid. Allow to sit and steep for an hour.




Strain the liquid through cheesecloth.

Mix this with the baby shampoo.


Pour into bottles and let set overnight. The next morning you can add some essential oil to the shampoo in whatever scent you like the most, or just leave it fragrance-free.  I added Spearmint Essential oils and made the mistake of putting it in a small circular jar on my porch for my friend.  I had a couple people question what the heck was on my porch (as you can see the color).  Oops!





Last week's deals:
A LOT of Clearance deals this week (my favorite) but the best deal of the week was at Walgreens- Did you get your FREE plackers?

Went to Walgreens 2x this week. 


Day 1:  Retail $103.45 , I paid $26.00 -75% Off!

  • These little finger skateboard things were on Clearance for .64c a piece.  My original though was (get some presents for birthday parties stockpiled)  When I got home, my husband asked me if I got the complete set!  Well, went back the next day and bought all the rest.  Can't beat .64c!
  • The plackers were on sale for $2 and you got a $2RR = FREE!  I heart Free :)
  • Airwick Airfresheners were B1G1 at $7.99 retail.  There were $4/1 coupons for them last Sunday. By 2, use 2 $4/1 coupons= FREE!
  • Snickers Creme Eggs- Sale 2/$1- Used coupon $1/2 Mars products from last weeks insert =FREE
  • Brita (filter inside) waterbottle- Reg price $9.99, Clearanced for $2.59



Day 2: Retail $78.95 , I paid $19.97  -75% Off!
  • Mostly clearance items, but the hair dye were clearance for $4.59 and I had a $5/2 coupon = Cheap dye! Also, I'm done with my Easter baskets (As soon as Tangled releases tomorrow, that is!)

This week's prospects:
  • K-Mart is offering UNLIMITED coupon doubling up to .99c from March 27th- April 2nd.  I am so excited about this one.  Gonna probably go a little too crazy.  I would assume that this is nationwide, but you should check with your local K-Mart if there is one near you. *Note you have to have a K-Mart 'rewards' card to get this deal.
  • Walgreens
    • Store brand diapers.  They are on sale for $5.99.  Use a $2 off coupon (Found in the Walgreens Infant Care Guide).  $3.99 each after the coupon for a jumbo pack
    • Skintimate Shave Cream or Edge Shave Cream.  2/$4 Use the .55c off (1) coupon from yesterday's insert and recieve a $2 RR WYB 2.  Makes these a little more than .50c each
    • Colgate total advanced toothpaste. 2/$6 Use the $1.50 off coupon from yesterday's insert and recieve a $4 RR WYB 2.  MONEY MAKER :)
There are a lot more great match ups, but these are the only ones I'm hitting this week.  I gotta slow down on my stockpile! 

Ok as ALWAYS, I will suggest that you check out http://www.athriftymom.com/ for super coupon/ sale match ups.  I also recently subscribed to another coupon blog called 'I love to Gossip' - It's the sister of Ashley (3rd girl left standing or 2nd runner up however you look at it) on the recent season of the Bachelor, and the new upcoming Bachelorette!  She also does match ups and I believe she is on the East coast.  I am not by any means a pro, but I hope to be there someday!  Until then, I will use the awesome resources that I can find and share anything that I can with whoever wants to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment