Monday, March 14, 2011

Bed Bath & Beyond........Spices, spices everywhere

This Sunday's coupons insert had a $1/1 McCormick spice coupons....AND Albertsons doublers.  Perfect time for me to 'out with the old, in with the new' with my spices.  Apparently Spices don't last for 10 years like I thought.  If you don't store them in the freezer then they have like a 1 year shelf life and then lose their potency!  BOO!  I don't have room in my freezer for all my spices and the whole darn spice cupboard is a cluster to begin with, so I am doing a Spice Re-Org :)  I already get 5 Sunday papers, so I got 5 of the coupons and just bought 20 more on ebay. 

I asked Scott earlier today if for my birthday if he would make me a spice rack (with his handy dandy woodworking skills) to either hang on the wall or that we can connect to our cupboards.  I searched for spice racks on E-bay also to see what there was out there and I found this fabuloso thing:

Only problem here is that on e-bay, some nutjob seller wants $35 as a buy it now price + like $16 s/h.  I don't think so.  I just searched on Bed Bath & Beyond's website and found the same thing!  http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17621912 FOR $24.99 RETAIL.  Of course we all know that I won't be paying retail for anything at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Most of us get the 20% off coupons in the mail as well as the $5 of $15 ones on the back of their monthly ad.  I think I will go there, get 2 of these and use 3 of my $5 off coupons and pay $35 (Oh wait, isn't that how much the dude on e-bay wanted for just one...before shipping?

BTW Bed Bath & Beyond is one of those places that you can get killer deals at.  Stash those coupons they send you, because they ACCEPT the EXPIRED ones.... and they also will let you use as many of them as you want in the same transaction (you obviously can't have more coupons than items, and you still have to follow the coupons instructions) but this makes for super savings!

So I am in the midst of getting all new spices and a new spice rack..... we will see if my hubby makes me one or I go with the fancy BB&B deal.  Oh and P.S. I am thinking that Walmart will have a better selection on spices and a better price than Albertsons, so if you are going to try to stock up on them with the doublers, you might want to shoot for Wal-Mart.  The coupons don't expire until late April or later, so if you look on e-bay for them, you will have plenty of time to wait for another doubler weekend. (Unless you are lucky enough to live in a state that does doublers!)  I envy you!

No comments:

Post a Comment