1 large head iceburg lettuce
1/4 package Maifun rice sticks + oil to fry them
1-2 fresh jalapenos- deseeded and cored
15-20 crimini mushrooms
1 can water chestnuts
2 large cooked chicken breasts (I boiled mine)
Lettuce wraps seasoning packet *optional*
- Boil the chicken breasts until done- set aside
- Remove the core of the lettuce like this, then soak in cold water to help the leaves loosen from each other.
- In a small pot, put ~2" of oil over med/high heat. Test the temp by putting one rice stick in the oil. Once ready, put a handful of rice sticks in the oil. They fry super quickly (like 3-4 seconds quick) flip and make sure both sides get poofed. Pull out of oil and drain on paper towels.
- With your handy dandy chopper, using the small grate, chop the jalapenos, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Set those aside and switch to the large grate for the cooked chicken.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, put 1/2 cup soy sauce, 3 tbsp rice vinegar and about 1/2 cup brown sugar + the optional seasonings. Get fairly hot to sautee the veggies. I flash the veggies then add the chicken quickly. Overcooking the mixture will make some soggy mushrooms.